THEATRE GROUP & ENSEMBLE REGISTRATION
REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
Short Play Festival 24-25th March 2018
ARK Theatre is proud to announce an exciting new festival bringing together writers from all over Australia with Victorian theatre groups to perform plays of 10 minutes’ duration.
25-30 ten minute plays will be chosen to be performed over the weekend in several heats. Two plays from every heat will move through to the Finals with presentations and awards for Best Play, People's Choice, Best Director, Actor and Actress. Prize money will also be awarded to theatre groups.
Theatre Group, ensembles and school group ensembles are all eligible and encouraged to enter. Closing date for applications is the 26th of November 2017. Registrations after this date will be at the discretion of the ARKfest Team and depend on availability. The registration fee per production is $50 payable in advance, however a refund will be issued if you withdraw from the selection rounds. No refunds will be issued if you withdraw after 31st December 2017.
The festival will be held at our theatre, which is situated at Lilydale Heights College Performing Arts Centre, 17 Nelson Road, Lilydale (Gate 2). Prior to the festival, an open day will be held at the theatre for anyone wishing to discuss the weekend procedures and familiarize themselves with the venue.
Applications deadline: Open: 1 October 2017 Close: 26 November 2017
Submission fee: $50 per theatre group/ensemble
Play selection round: 30th November - 14th December, 2017 (You will be emailed a choice of plays from our shortlist)
Performance venue: Lilydale Heights College Performing Arts Centre (LHCPAC), 17 Nelson Rd, Lilydale
Postal registrations: Details upon request
Festival date: 24-25th March 2018 (Saturday/Sunday)
Enquiries to Production Liaison, Rosey Cullinan 0409 860 225 email@example.com
- Registrations for ARKfest open 1st October and close 26th November 2017.
- Theatre groups and ensembles will select 5 plays, in preferential order, from a pool of approximately 15-20 plays. Both theatre groups and playwrights will be anonymous in this allocation process.
- Theatre groups will be allocated one play from their selection. You are not guaranteed your first choice.
- In the event of any withdrawals, theatre groups/ensembles may get an opportunity to enter a second play. Preference will be given to early registrations.
- After confirmation of your selection, the playwright’s details will be passed onto the theatre group (and vice versa). The theatre group has full say in appointed actors and directors.
- No changes can be made to the script without approval from the playwright and ARKfest Coordinator.
- Plays must be 10 minutes or less duration and will be penalised if over.
- Theatre groups are to provide their own director, cast and props. However, we may be able to assist you in sourcing these if required. Please join our ARKfest facebook group to post your auditions, requirements etc.
- The festival will run in heats from Saturday morning to Sunday afternoon (a Friday night heat may be required). Up to 2 plays from each heat will go through to the finals on Sunday evening; one play as determined by the adjudicators and the other play determined by audience vote. If one play is nominated under both categories, the organisers reserve the right to have adjudicators select an additional play if timing allows. Prizes and/or certificates are awarded throughout the festival for writers, theatre groups, actors and directors.
- Actors and directors not affiliated with a Theatre Group are welcome to form an Ensemble for the festival (you must provide a name – be creative!). Schools groups are also welcome to register.
- Food and drink will be available for purchase throughout the festival.
- No refunds will be available for festival withdrawals after 31st December 2017.
- Each theatre group/ensemble must provide a sound/lighting liaison to assist our operator in the bio box.
- Registration and payment can be done through Trybooking (www.trybooking.com/319110) or as a last resort by snail mail. Registration fee is $50.
- Further details will be forwarded to theatre groups after registration regarding the play selection process.